/ space usage

Thierry Sayegh linux at glossolalie.org
Mon Sep 20 19:38:14 UTC 2004

Mark Haney wrote:

> You are absolutely right.  Look at my previous post,
> /var/spool/clientmqueue was huge 8GB or so.  Don't know what it holds,
> but it's clean now and I am down to 11% usage on /.

<quote>
When submitting mail by using sendmail as a mail submission program,
sendmail copies all messages to /var/spool/clientmqueue first. sendmail
is a setgid smmsp program and thus gives the any user the permission to
do so (/var/spool/clientmqueue belongs to user and group smmsp).
[snip]
When files accumulate in /var/spool/clientmqueue, you probably don't run
the sendmail localhost MTA, and thus the mails don't get send.
</quote>

If I were you I would check my sendmail configuration....
Hope this helps

Thierry