- New virus?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Sep 21 22:55:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Mark Haney wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 16:59, Si Jones wrote:
>
> > With you saying the file is sndmon32.exe, it seems like a windows
> > program and without trying to be funny but this is a Fedora Linux list.
> >
> > I give up windows a while ago and don't really care what virus's are
> > speading on that platform!!!
> >
> > So sorry to be negative but I think you will find that everyone else
> > won't care either!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Simon Jones
> Actually, I fully expected to get at least one of these, from the list.
> And here's my stock answer.  Yes, I am well aware it's a linux list.
> I'm also well aware that _some_ people don't give a rat's hiney what
> happens in the Windows world.  HOWEVER, there are a lot (and I'm one of
> them) network and system administrators who use linux at work (ditto) as
> well as maintain a network of tens if not hundreds of Windows boxes.
> This is kind of like saying, I'm left handed and if I get gangrene in my
> right hand who cares?  It's not my left and I only use my left.

Well here is another one. This kind of crap has no place on a linux list.
Like a lot of people I make a lot of money supporting both windoze and linux
but I do not need the constant flood of off topic posts to keep me up to date
about stupid windoze viruses. I have other much better and more reliable ways
to find out about such things when I am interested.

> And if you don't really care what happens in the Windows world and don't
> have anything useful to add to my question, then don't reply to it.

It IS OFF TOPIC for this or any other linux related list. Why do you feel
it is correct to to post something like this here. Didn't you read the message
you got when you subscribed to this list about what this list was for? What
part of that don't you understand??

The point you seem to be missing is that THIS IS A LIST FOR THE DISCUSSION OF
FEDORA. NOT WINDOZE!!

Don't try to defend what you did. There is no defense. You were wrong and
actually for that matter so am I for even responding. As a result this is my
1 and only post on the subject. I did it just so you know that Simon Jones
is not the only one who hates off topic posts. Especially Ot posts about
windoze!!

Tom