Install FC2 boot from floppy?

YigalB byigal at zahav.net.il
Thu Sep 23 07:31:53 UTC 2004

>> [<Yigal>] Will it fit a USB flash disk (assuming PC can boot from
USB)?
>> What is the minimal size required for the kernel?
>
>There is a boot.iso image of 4MB size and a diskboot.img file (for USB
>key drive) that is 6MB in size.  These images include most drivers in
an
>initrd image and the memtest86 program.

[<Yigal>] So can I do the following: Have an 8MBytes DiskOnKey with a
Linux kernel on it, let the PC boot, load the Kernel, connect to the
internet and download all the rest? Can I save the need to download the
CDs, burn them and install from them?
I always wondered why do I need the CDs since it's all there, on the web
anyway.