'Johnny Appleseed' with FC2

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Sep 24 11:26:35 UTC 2004

    I'm about a week away from starting a Linux conversion company where
I help users tired of Windows come to Fedora. (It's too early to use FC3
on there yet, I think. :)

    Questions:

    1. RH9->FC1 was a big step; I'm not surprised it was better to
install than to upgrade.  For those that have tried it, does it look
like that's changed with FC3-test?  (I'm thinking it's not such a big
change, but I don't know.)

    2. I like using email certs.  It just seems like the right way to do
things.  I have a howto to follow, but I'm curious whether it'll be a
problem with those on dynamic IP addresses?  Does anyone know for sure?

    3. With the extreme age of tkined (and nothing really to take it's
place) do people wanting to manage machines now just use MRTG and get
over it?  :>

    Thanks!

    (For foreign or young readers, 'Johnny Appleseed' was a
semi-mythical figure known in America for planting apple trees across
the nation when it was still pretty new.  I'm doing the same thing with
these beleaguered Windows users, with the hope of spreading the word in
my town.)
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller