backup a write-protected CD in Linux

Joey Kelley joey at rrnne.net
Sat Sep 25 20:09:58 UTC 2004

Hello All,
         I'm an admitted Newbie to Linux, and Fedora especially.
         As a result, and because my Fedora Box doesn't have a CD burner - I
don't know how one would do it in Fedora.
         However, in windows XP - you could get the CloneCD application from
SlySoft, or perhaps find a demo version of the Elaborate Bytes version
somewhere. CloneCD will copy almost any CD, and is especially good at creating
backup copies of software.
         I would suggest you use that.
         Apologies to the Fedora purists, but the software is excellent.
         Have fun all!
         cya, Joey
--Joey Kelley, Fedora Newbie--
"If David beat Goliath, Linux