nVidia Drivers

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 00:38:41 UTC 2004

Hi

On Tuesday 28 Sep 2004 01:22, Kiwi-Hawk wrote:
> I'm trying to do this at the moment too and I have beinging there is a
> problem
> with the rivafd module if thats being loaded (don't know where to kill
> it) and
> I now get the Nvidia logo and it dies (can't load default font "fixed".
> This is if I start from startx if I run init 5 it recycles at the logo
> and I can no NOT A THING,.. my boot log states that mdadpd (from memory

Hmmm, ok does rivafb show up in lsmod?
you could try this, add rivafb to /etc/hotplug/blacklist, but to be honest I
don't know what the "stock" Fedora kernel(s) have in regard to rivafb,

Its very late here now for me to check, lets see if others here can help, I
know there is a conflict with rivafb and the NV Drivers, perhaps a look in
the NVidia forums could help?

Goodluck

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.8.1
KDE-Redhat-3.3.0-2.2.2.kde