boot fedora core 2 from floppy

Patrik Andersson patrik at linet.se
Tue Sep 28 18:57:57 UTC 2004

I'm running FC2 and XP on the same machine, I use a boot CD which I have
created by first doing an iso-image of the disk with the command
'mkbootdisk --iso --device /tmp/boot.iso 2.6.8-1.521' and then burned it
to a CD.

Someone said to me that the FC2 kernel was to big to have on a floppy
therefore I use a CD.
Then you need to have the CD everytime you want to start Fedora, and
when you want to start XP, you don't need the CD.

/ Patrik