How to get cdrecord working in FC2?

Pybe squalidstuff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:18:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:20:23 +0100, Stuart Sears <stuart at sjsears.com> wrote:
> this is correct. ide-scsi is no longer necessary with the 2.6 series kernels.
> > >
> > > What I did to get my burner working (it's also /dev/hdd), was to edit my
> > > /etc/cdrecord.conf file. Here are the uncommented lines from my
> > > cdrecord.conf:
> > >
> > >         CDR_DEVICE=PLEXTOR
> > >         CDR_FIFOSIZE=4m
> > >         PLEXTOR=        ATA:1,1,0       -1      -1      burnfree
> this will probably work if you have the _correct_ device numbers
>
> I have read your mails, but have missed any posting containing the actual
> output of
> cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI
> a literal cut-and paste will help.
> e.g on my system I get
> # ---- #
> [stuart at behemoth stuart]$ cdrecord dev=ATAPI -scanbus
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg
> Schilling
> <snip loads of unneeded output>
> scsibus0:
>         0,0,0     0) 'FREECOM_' 'DVD+/-RW4B      ' '1.33' Removable CD-ROM
> <snip more numbers>
>
> ths would make my entry in /etc/cdrecord.conf:
> CDR_DEVICE=FREECOM
> CDR_FIFOSIZE=4m
> FREECOM=        ATA:0,0,0       -1      -1      burnfree
>                                     ^^^
> although as mentioned before the CDR_DEVICE string can be set to anything you
> like. The numbers must match, however.

This did work and bring up somthing yesterday, but now it just hangs
like the rest.

[root at help root]# cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to <warly at mandrakesoft.com>.
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
scsidev: 'ATAPI'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related libscg interface code is in pre alpha.
Warning: There may be fatal problems.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus0:

[root at help root]# ps waux | grep cdrecord
root      5482  0.0  0.0  2824  460 pts/0    D    09:16   0:00
cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI