Kernel-sources

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Sep 29 09:31:32 UTC 2004

Greetings
What would the bear necessities for compiling  a piece of software that I
downloaded. Lets say it is a driver, and needs to be copied into
the /usr/src/linux`uname-r`/drivers directory.
Surely I don't need 300MB of development tools installed on my system.
Look at the menu under programming,
There are 17 applications that I will probably never use, and not to mention
all the programming apps that run from the command line.

So if I want to recompile my kernel or a piece of software / driver :
I need
Kernel sources
makemenu config
gcc