Fedora Core 2 on Compaq (HP) Proliant DL360 G2

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Wed Sep 29 23:09:22 UTC 2004

Joel Moxey wrote:

>Thanks for the quick replies.
>
>I'm still not really sure of what I should be doing.... Should I remove the
>controller (apparently it'll work without it!!!), and then try the install
>again?

Yes.  On a DL360 (not G2) it is a card approximately 1.25 by 2.25 that
mounts in an angled socket like a memory dimm on the board behind the
floppy/cd drive bay. With the system unplugged open the case, remove the
card, close the case, and apply power and try the install again.  Be
sure to observe static precautions when doing so, and to place the card
in an anti-static bag so it and the system remain usable in the future.

Chris