ESD crackles and pops

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob at disengaged.co.nz
Thu Sep 30 06:24:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 15:43 +1000, Wolfgang Gill wrote:

> That would depend on the sound card. Which one do you have?? I run an
> SBAudigy EX, and have multiple apps using sound at the same time, no
> problems.

It's not a sound card problem.  When I had RH8 on the same box using esd
it worked fine, when I use arts on this box under FC2 its fine.

When I use esd under FC2 it's crap.  As in really really bad cant listen
to it bad...

Any way. my sound card is an intel 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97
according to the gnome hard ware browser.

--
Rob Brown-Bayliss

The best way to avoid responsibility
is to say, "I've got