Fedora Core 2 on Compaq (HP) Proliant DL360 G2

Joel Moxey joelmoxey at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 06:26:54 UTC 2004

Hi!

After reading the below a bit more carefully, I have two questions:

1)    In
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-August/msg02509.html, it
would appear that this could be the same thing as I'm seeing. However, it
seems that Chris built his own kernel to get the install working - then made
some changes to get the first boot to work. Could someone point me in the
direction of how to make the kernel that will get me through the install?

2)    To avoid doing 1), I suggested removing the controller (and then maybe
add it after making the changes described to /etc/modprobe.conf after the
install and first boot is done). However, I think Chris says below that his
description of the controller does not apply to the G2. Has anyone disabled
the controller on a G2?

Thanks,

Joel