K3b burning cds from mp3s

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Sep 30 10:17:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:24:22 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> > > I have this package but somehow, it's shaded out in k3b for some reason.
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Verify your program search paths in k3b. k3b looks for /usr/bin/normalize
> > and runs "normalize --version" to examine the binary and to retrieve the
> > program version. But maybe you used other repositories?
> >
> Yes I did..
>
> > $ normalize --version
> > normalize 0.7.6
>
> $ rpm -q normalize libmad lame
> normalize-0.7.6-1.rhfc2.nr
> libmad-0.15.1b-3.1.fc2.fr
> lame-3.96.1-1.1.fc2.fr
>

> $ normalize --version
> normalize 0.7.6
> Copyright (C) 2002 Chris Vaill
> This copy of normalize is compiled with the following libraries:
>   MAD
>
> The search path is correct in K3b. it even detected it successfullly

Oh, you sounded as if it was not listed in k3b configure screen. When it
is recognized and available, *then* you should be able to enable it,
too, when burning an Audio CD. Sorry, I don't know above packages. With
the packages from rpm.livna.org -> WORKSFORME. If those didn't work for
you, submit a bug report, and I would take a closer look.

--
Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux 2.6.8-1.590
loadavg: 1.04 0.62 0.33