Java 5

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Thu Sep 30 14:53:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 10:03 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> Has anyone installed the latest and greatest JRE?  I just did and found
> that the RPM package installed, I did an upgrade instead of an install,
> but I don't see any files for it and it didn't seem to upgrade
> anything.  Should I blow the existing version away (1.4.2) and install
> 1.5 fresh?

What does rpm -q java show you?

If you installed the old Java via tarball, you may be able to uninstall
it by cd'ing to the install directory and typing make uninstall, though
you'd better read any readme file there before blindly issuing
commands :)

Also use rpm -ql java to find out where the new package put its files.
(you'll also likely find where some documentation got put that may help
as well)

Where did you get this from (I need a java for my fc3t2)

Scott

--
When in doubt -- Vote 'em out