SOLVED: Fedora Core 2 on Compaq (HP) Proliant DL360 G2

Joel Moxey joelmoxey at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 18:44:10 UTC 2004

Thanks for you help guys.

I decided to try somethings else this morning. Possibly a bit of detail I
neglected to state below...

When it was failing I was attempting to use sofware RAID (RAID 1) between
the 2 disks in the DL360 G2 (The same as I did for the G4)..., just for
interest sake, I decided to give the hardware RAID a go (RAID1+0) ... then
everything worked straight away out of the box...

Seems to me that the software RAID and SmartArray don't like each other!