Anybody use ipfw and dummynet?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Thu Aug 4 23:37:43 UTC 2005

I'm trying to write a dynamic throttling program for use with ipfw
and dummynet.  I've looked around at the documentation I could find
and don't see any features like that built into ifpw.  I was hoping
somebody really familiar with ipfw could point me in the right
direction.

The current plan, unless we come up with something better, is to
write a program that reads the ipfw list command, identifies users
over a bandwidth limit and then executes an ipfw pipe command to
lower the bandwidth available to that client.

Any suggestions on the plan, existing software that does this or
whatever is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson