problem with clamav 0.86.2-3 on fc3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 06:23:51 UTC 2005

hey friends,

Today I downloaded clamav rpms from

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/i386/

 clamav-0.86.2-3.fc3.i386.rpm
 clamav-data-0.86.2-3.fc3.i386.rpm
 clamav-lib-0.86.2-3.fc3.i386.rpm
 clamav-milter-1.86.2-3.fc3.i386.rpm
 clamav-server-0.86.2-3.fc3.i386.rpm
clamav-update-0.86.2-3.fc3.i386.rpm

there was no problem in installing them ,but when I try to start the
clamav-milter service it gave me the error.The error is below

Starting clamav-milter: /usr/sbin/clamav-milter: --timeout must not be
given if --external is not given
                                                           [FAILED]

I don't know the solution for this problem.

Moreover what is the use of clamd-wrapper service ,when I tried to
start it the system says

service clamd-wrapper start
clamd-wrapper: unrecognized service

Earlier I removed the word "example" from /etc/clamd.d/milter.conf.

There is no clamd.conf file in the /etc/.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover