printserver problems

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Aug 1 14:27:42 UTC 2005

I am trying to have a series of machines to print to our HP Laserjets
through a print-server. They are a 4050N, 4000, 5M,  1100 and a Color
Laserjet 3500.
They all print from the server which is running FC3. All but the 3500
have been configured using system-config-printer. The 3500 for which
we had to install HLIP was configured using the CUPS web interface.

On the print client I am batting 2 for 5. I can print to the 4050N and
the 5M but not to the 4000, 1100 or the 3500. In each case I used
system-config-printer to configure the printing. The print clients are
FC4 machines.

One question immediately is whether on the client should the printers
be configured as just postscript or using their actual printer types
(400, 1100, etc)?

Any advice would be accepted and appreciated.

	"Uncle Cosmo ... why do they call this a word processor?"
	"It's simple, Skyler ... you've seen what food processors do to food,
right?"
		-- MacNelley, "Shoe"
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science