VNC problem

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Mon Aug 1 14:34:55 UTC 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 10:05 am, gb spam wrote:

> I just duplicated what you did, and the following resolved it for me:
>
> rm -f /tmp/.X11-unix/X1 /tmp/.X1-lock
>
> you should do this as either the user that ran vncserver the first
> time, or root (i'd plump for root just to be sure).

I appreciate the suggestion, but those files don't exist. That was one of the
first things I checked... And that's part of what's got me so puzzled...
there are no lock files or PID files that I can find that point to X:1. I'm
currently running on :2, but would really like to get back to :1. :-)

It's not a show-stopper, and I can live with it, but I liken it to an
off-color monitor or fuzzy monitor -- you can work with it, but it's
aggravating. :-)