Our (US) $s at work.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Aug 1 19:53:10 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 14:40 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 8/1/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Would you please explain to me how my machine automagically knows it
> >>needs to change the content of a file on its disc when the legislature
> >>makes a change to the way DST works?
> >>
> >>[snip]
> >>
> >>Mike
> >

> > $ man yum
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
> > http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/325/marcy_playground.php
> > Marcy Playground Song Lyrics
> >

> I already know how to use yum. Please respond to what I wrote
> rather than to what you read.
----
you sure ask a lot of questions...

'updates-released' is checked against the local cache and new updates
are thus recognized and downloaded if/when appropriate. Of course, if
you knew how yum worked, you would know that.

As for how and when updates are released, that of course is up to the
packagers.

Craig