rpmbuild and dependency disabling

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Tue Aug 2 16:05:38 UTC 2005

I need to build a custom java package based off of Sun's binary release.
When I build the RPM it automatically detects needed libraries.  For
some reason I can't install it without the no-deps flag.  I'd like to
disable the automatic dependency checking in the spec file if possible.
I know the binary works fine for what I need it to do.  Anyone have any
ideas?

-------------------
Michael P. McGrath
Senior Systems Engineer

IES (Institute for the International Education of Students)
33 N. LaSalle, 15th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
mmcgrath at IESabroad.org
Direct: 312.944.1750
Toll Free: 800.995.2300
Fax: 312.944.1448
www.IESabroad.org

Since 1950 IES has been building quality study abroad programs and
introducing students to new places, studies, and ways of thinking.  A
global non-profit educational organization, IES offers programs in Asia,
Australia, Europe, New Zealand, and South America