MySQLd Logging Question/Problem

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 17:36:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

>         mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'discards' INTO TABLE discards;
>         Query OK, 35457 rows affected, 594 warnings (0.62 sec)
>         Records: 35457  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 0  Warnings: 594
>
>         mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'rejects' INTO TABLE rejects;
>         Query OK, 93064 rows affected, 1620 warnings (1.56 sec)
>         Records: 93064  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 0  Warnings: 1620
>
> Where are these "warnings" logged? I have an empty mysqld.log.

Change the logging level in mysqld to something higher and you'll see
them. I *think* they just mean your data doesn't exactly fit the table
(not quite incompatible types, but something akin to it - the data is in
there usually though).

TTFN

Paul
--
"Some people will do anything for a woman in uniform" - The Doctor -
Unregenerate (Big Finish audio)