nscd is crashing

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Tue Aug 2 20:16:44 UTC 2005

Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> I am using fedora core 4 x86_64 and this mornign nscd is crashing with
> the following error.

There are definitely issues with the ldap module.  If I'd have the time
this would be the first to be rewritten since it causes no end of problems.

These problems are increased because of the persistent cache..  If a
crash happens at the wrong time the cache is inconsistent.  We currently
have no checks for this and therefore nscd might crash right away again.

So, remove the cache files in /var/db/nscd/ and restart.  We'll have
something to do this automatically (or at least ignore broken files) in
future.