Bizarre CUPS printing behavior.

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.GOV
Tue Aug 2 21:24:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:34 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> I am having a problem so bizarre that in my mind that I don't where to
> search for the answer. Maybe someone has an idea.
>
> As of last night I had a cups print server that could print to all of
> our printers and also support printing to the printers from a print
> client.
>
> All of the printers were configured through the web interface. Late
> The server is FC3 and the client is FC4. I am beginning to believe in
> computer ghosts. I have working with computers for nearly 50 years and
> have never been more frustrated.

And I thought I was an old fart with 40+ years since my Burroughs/B5500
encounters.

> Ideas anyone?

1) Perhaps somebody ran system-config-printer for you?
2) The computer ghosts didn't like "Re: Adding printer in FC4 - radical
suggestion" (Sorry :-)

Phil