Adding printer in FC4 - radical suggestion

Frank Chen frankxchen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 03:39:24 UTC 2005

> The OP's problem may be due to cups-config-deamon.
> Disable that
> service for all run levels, 3 thru 5,  and see if
> that fixes your
> printer configuration problem.

My situation is a little different. We have an HP
printer with a USB connection. It is the only printer
on the PC with FC4. I expect to plug it in and be able
to print, without having to mess with CUPS admin. The
system-config-printers shows this printer queue. But
/etc/cups/printers.conf file does NOT have any
information regarding this printer. It seems to me
that the cups-config-daemon has failed to do its job.