VMware and kernel 2.6.12

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Wed Aug 3 16:44:17 UTC 2005

Hi, people

Has anyone successfully installed VMware 5 WITH networking on kernel
2.6.12? I had it working flawlessly on many releases of kernel 2.6.11,
but can't get it to work on 2.6.12. I've tried on FC3 and FC4 with the
same results.
After running vmware-config.pl, vmnet0 (bridged) won't start. After
that, any attempt to re-run vmware-config.pl causes it to freeze. If I
reboot the computer, running vmware displays a message stating it has
not been configured for the running kernel and if I run vmware-config.pl
again, I'm back to the beginning (vmnet0 won't start).
If I do not install networking support when running vmware-config.pl,
vmware works ok (without any kind of networking, of course).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marcelo