nvidia drivers on FC

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Aug 3 19:27:35 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 03.08.2005 schrieb Marcelo Magno T. Sales um 18:49:

> When I install nvidia drivers on FC3 or FC4 (rpm downloaded from livna),
> graphics become extremelly slow. I mean REALLY slow (it takes almost two
> minutes just to draw the kdm login screen).
> I've tried with a Riva TNT2 (32MB) and with a geforce 4 (128MB), with
> the same results. Tried to disable rhgb, but it didn't help.

> Marcelo

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-7667/README.txt
  "Below are the legacy GPUs that are no longer supported in the unified
driver.
These GPUs will continue to be maintained through the special legacy NVIDIA
GPU driver releases."

    NVIDIA chip name                   Device PCI ID
    RIVA TNT                           0x0020
    RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro                 0x0028
    RIVA TNT2 Ultra                    0x0029
    Vanta/Vanta LT                     0x002C

So at least the result with the old Riva TNT2 could be explainable.

Alexander

Serendipity 21:26:20 up 19 days, 1:58, load average: 0.67, 0.34, 0.23