Mysterious error on Firefox startup

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Aug 4 12:08:23 UTC 2005

On Thu August 4 2005 5:51 am, Brendan McEnaney wrote:

> FWIW, a little system info:
>
> Fedora Core 4
> firefox-1.0.6-1.1.fc4
> Gnome 2.10
> kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4smp
> some gdesklets plastered about the desktop
> Skype is always running
> NVidia proprietary 3D driver: 1.0-7667
>
> Firefox extensions installed are:
> Bandwidth Tester
> googlebar
> Image Zoom
> Paste and Go
> Quick Note
> Stumble Upon
> Smooth Wheel
> xMirror
> Flashblock
> Toolbar Enhancements
> Cute Menus
> Mozilla Calendar
> cuneAform
> MySpeakeasy
> Yahoo!Toolbar
> AniDisable
> User Agent Switcher
> ColorZilla
> Tweak Network
> Remove it Permanently
> Google Toolbar for Firefox
> Highlighter
> Text Zoom

That's a lot of extensions! FWIW, recently, after a Firefox upgrade,
1.0.4>1.0.6, I experienced different problems with Firefox. Very strange
behaviors such as the personal toolbar not appearing, the favorites sidebar
not appearing at first, and having to close/open the sidebar to get  the
list, and other things. I ended up removing my three extensions, and
reinstalling them, and that cured what ailed me.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA