Fedora Project Competetion?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:42:33 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:
> At 8:54 PM +0300 8/4/05, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >On 8/4/05, taharka <res00vl8 at alltel.net> wrote:
> >> Read all about it here: http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2045/2107/
> >>
> >> Also, here:
> >>
> >>http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1843530,00.asp?kc=ewnws080405dtx1k0000599
> >

> >> taharka
> >>
> >> Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.
> >
> >I like this quote:
> >Unlike Fedora, however, Novell intends "SuSE Linux" to be a real,
> >usable Linux distribution and will sell tech support for it and also
> >sell it in boxed versions in addition to the version on the net.
> >
> >Does the "unlike Fedora" phrase refer to the whole sentance, or just
> >until the first "and"?
>
> They mean that they will support the exact version offered for free.  With
> Fedora, RH supports a derivative of FC; that derivative is also (mostly)
> available as CentOS.
> TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson at georgeanelson.com>
>       '                              <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>

I've heard of CentOS but never looked into it. Now that I have, I'm
amazed to see that they recommend to users Firefox, and call Koquerer
and Opera broken! Apparently they have some JS on the homepage that
does not play well with those two browsers (and Safari, but no mention
of IE). I don't think that I'd use an operating system that is
marketed by those same people who can't even put together a standards
compliant website.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/31/alphaville.php
Alphaville Song Lyrics