firefox can't print, but mozilla can

Yuandan Zhang yzhang4 at turing.une.edu.au
Fri Aug 5 00:59:47 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have both mozilla 1.7.10 and firefox 1.0.6  on FC3 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3.
Printing from mozilla is ok, but can't print from firefox. On firefox,
using File=>Print, get a printing diaglogue window. the print command
(printer properties) is the same as that in mozilla
lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

I tried print to printer and to file. Both are not working on firefox.
If I print to printer, it does nothing. if print to file, it produces a
invalid ps file. However, as said, printing to printer or file works
well with mozilla.

I tried start firefox with a save mode, but This does not work.

I also use a older firefox 1.0.1 on another PC with RH9 (2.4.20-8). It
can print to the same network printer.

please help out

Yuandan