Silly Question

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:43:05 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, Anil Kumar Sharma <xplusaks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Further simple complexity is that you may be running more than one instances
> of GUI on same ^machine^ and switching between them by hot keys Ctrl+Alt+F7
> -F8 -F9 -F10 and -F11.These can be GUI consoles of your choice KDE/Gnome/etc
> running simultaneously as different/same(caution) users and a few of them
> may be running remote applications / providing remote logins and all of them
> may have multiple desktops. So U may think, feel, and be rich......well not
> really unless U have a pretty / decently fast machine else power of runlevel
> 1 is also awesome .... depends on on u do with it, ...well I am learning.
> Not satisfied yet ....OK you can have multihead displays, multiple
> processors, Multiple boxes housing motherboards/processors/
> RAMS/storage/andwhatnot..... You may also have multiple keyboards and mice
> attached if U have biomachines (people).
>
> We are not talking network - this is one kernel i.e. only one ^opsys^ and
> that is what I understand LINUX ( oops *nix) to be.
> Lets say Thanks to Linus Torvalds  (or shall we also say so to the Gurus of
> __).
>
> PS: it can emulate your **favorite GUIdos also somewhere in those many
> consoles. Please don't laugh, it is trillion $ industry - only smiles
> please.
>
> Anil Kumar Shrama

Anil Kumar,
That was a rather interesting post to read. But I've been googling for
some time now, as you interested me in what you had said about running
multiple guis in different consoles. I would like to have F7 and F8 as
two seperate gui's. How does one accomplish that? Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/402/pink_floyd.php
Pink Floyd Song Lyrics