FC4 and external hard drive (USB)

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Aug 8 13:47:29 UTC 2005

On Mon August 8 2005 4:00 am, Hans Müller wrote:

> I use a Maxtor One Touch II wih USB and Firewire

I have a suggestion for you. Don't keep anything on that drive you can't
afford to lose. We have a graveyard in the bone room downstairs of dead
Maxtor One Touch drives - If you are stuck with it. make sure you don't stack
it. If it has the feet for standing it on its side, that 'may' keep it a bit
cooler, though my evidence for that is only anecdotal - it would appear that
in the vertical position, the drive case has more surface area exposed to
open air. Positioning it horizontally creates a heat trap on the bottom side.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA