[OT] Deleting Threads in Thunderbird

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:22:09 UTC 2005

On 8/8/05, Michael Yep <myep at remotelink.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a shortcut key to delete an entire thread
> (when using thread view) in Mozilla Thunderbird ?

The only quick way I know of is shift-clicking to mutiple select all
the messages in the thread, and then deleting. A "delete entire
thread" command might be there somewhere, I have to admit. I have
never looked for one, since shift-clicking is easy.

What I wish I had in T-Bird is filtering based on Thread, so that I
could say "ignore/delete future messages in this Thread." But I heard
that Thunderbird used to have that feature, and it never worked. Maybe
message-ids are not reliable in some way.