making Samba work [new detail]

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Aug 9 12:43:49 UTC 2005

On Tue August 9 2005 8:13 am, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > Now, I get the following when I restart named:
> >
> > [root at viewridgeproductions2 ~]# service named restart
> > Stopping named:                                            [FAILED]
> > Starting named:                                            [  OK  ]
> > [root at viewridgeproductions2 ~]#
> >
> > It can't stop the service, but it can start it now...
>
> Does "rndc status" work?

No - if I run it, it just sits there with no messages or any indication of
activity - the following appears after a Ctl-c

[root at viewridgeproductions2 cj]# rndc status
rndc: connect failed: operation canceled

> > This hasn't cured the original problem which started this whole thread,
> > but, fixing broken things, even if only partially, is good ;-)
>
> Do you still have "search com" in /etc/resolv.conf ?

No - I removed that several days ago:
[root at viewridgeproductions2 etc]# cat resolv.conf
nameserver 69.31.31.2
nameserver 64.202.97.2

--
Claude Jones