Building Core 4 without 4K stacks?

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Tue Aug 9 15:48:21 UTC 2005

Stephen Reppucci wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm new to the list, but searched the archives and couldn't find an
> answer.
>
> I've just upgraded to FC4 from FC3, where I had a nicely working wlan
> interface (LinkSys WPC54GS) via the ndiswrapper module loader.
>
> After upgrading, I went to re-install ndiswrapper and discovered that
> it won't work with the FC4 kernels, as they're built with the
> CONFIG_4KSTACKS option. I installed the kernel source and went to
> rebuild, and found that Fedora has apparently removed the option from
> the configuration process to disable 4K stacks (grrr...)
>
> Anyone have any hints on how I can get around this? I see #ifdef's in
> the source tree for '#ifdef CONFIG_4KSTACKS', but not sure if I can
> just define that someplace, and have the right things happen, or if
> the changes are more involved than that.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
Perhaps you could use one of these kernels:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc4-i686.php

Linuxant provides FC4 kenels with stack size set to 16K, which should be
  sufficient for most uses. You might be able the use these with
stack-hungry, ndiswrapped nt device drivers.

Øyvind.
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
  < http://www.oyvind.nu/