Question on all the added repos after update.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Tue Aug 9 17:19:36 UTC 2005

I had a motherboard get fried, and replaced it, and decided to do a
clean install of the system after backing up the data. Did an install of
FC4 and then did a yum update that did the basic repos, but then
did the update again, and had a whole bunch of new repos that I am
not familiar with, and most seem to be enabled since the without a
enabled=0 the default is enabled. livna is disabled. I also found that
the gpg for dries wasn't installed, but manually doing it worked.

I've also used yumfix on another system that allows for setting up
the basic repos, and activating livna and none of the other, or not
doing livna, and being able to select yes or no for the others. It also
will automatically add the gpg keys for these.

Currently, I'm using yumex and going thru the updates with adding
one repo at a time to see what errors or problems occur with each.

Wondering why these were all added, and enabled, and without the
gpg keys as part of the additions.

 134 Aug  9 23:02 atrpms.repo
 486 Aug  1 08:10 atrpms.repo.rpmnew
1062 Aug  1 08:10 base.repo
 143 Aug  9 22:26 dag.repo
 122 Aug  1 08:10 dag.repo.rpmnew
 166 Aug  1 08:10 dries.repo
 248 Aug  1 08:10 fedoraextras.repo
 113 Aug  1 08:10 flash.repo
 172 Aug  9 22:26 freshrpms.repo
 203 Aug  1 08:10 freshrpms.repo.rpmnew
 148 Aug  1 08:10 gstreamer.repo
 923 Aug  1 08:10 jpackage.repo
 527 Aug  1 08:10 kde-redhat.repo
 138 Aug  9 22:26 livna.repo
 125 Aug  1 08:10 livna.repo.rpmnew
 184 Aug  1 08:10 newrpms.repo
 223 Aug  1 08:10 nrpms.repo

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  17,188
Processing time:  31 years, 176 days,  2 hours, 20 minutes
(Total Hours: 275,786)