FC4: SELinux and MySQL replication

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Tue Aug 9 19:02:44 UTC 2005

Hi.

I enabled the SELinux in ENFORCING mode on my server of security reasons.
Unfortunately when SELinux is ENFORCING its policy the MySQL replication
is not working. Below is the output from 'dmesg'.

Can please someone explain me simply how can I define a costum policy (add
few rules to the existing one)?
How to solve the below problem?
Is there a simple document describing how can I create and configure a
new role on an existing policy (I need persistent config - so after
rebooting I would like my definitions are loaded automatically). << I
already reat some docs about SELinux, however I didn't find a 'normal' doc
for described tasks.

# dmesg
audit(1123620294.714:4): avc:  denied  { connect } for  pid=2206
comm="mysqld" scontext=root:system_r:mysqld_t
tcontext=root:system_r:mysqld_t tclass=tcp_socket
audit(1123620294.714:5): avc:  denied  { name_connect } for  pid=2206
comm="mysqld" dest=3306 scontext=root:system_r:mysqld_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:mysqld_port_t tclass=tcp_socket

Thanks and best regards,
Dezo