Looking for a good video card for a Samsung 213T monitor

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 9 22:35:48 UTC 2005

I just ordered a Samsung 213T 21.3" monitor, and am
looking for the appropriate video card to do it
justice, within reason.  I am not a gamer, but put
together a gamer's computer for speed.  I'm using an
older video card based on the GeForce 5500, I think,
for compatibility with Linux.  I have an ATI Radeon
9800 XT Pro, but I can't even get a text-based FC4
install to work with this card in another computer;
either that or it's the Audigy soundcard.  When I
upgraded that computer, I broke the cardinal rule of
upgrading one hardware component at a time.

One reason that I don't want to go for a
top-of-the-line card is that the motherboard supports
AGP and not PCI express.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Jim