disabling file:///home/user viewing in apache on fc3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:52:00 UTC 2005

On 8/10/05, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> Ankush Grover wrote:

> > But it is a secruity breach.I can't read the files normally as the
> > chmod is 770 on users /home/user but through browser I can read the
> > files.
>
> You can read the files in a browser as a regular user that you can't
> read just using "ls" in a terminal? If that's true then it is indeed a
> security issue.

the permissions on user's home directory r normally 700 or 770 .But i
was able to view the contents of the home directories of any user
including root user home directory from the browser.I tried this with
about 5 users and those users don't have any root privileges they r
just normal users but they were able to read the contents of root and
other user's home directory and that indeed is a security breach.

Thanks for your advice

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover