disabling file:///home/user viewing in apache on fc3

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 10 14:55:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 16:02 +0530, Ankush Grover wrote:

> If I do file:///home/user on the browser and then I  can see the
> contents of that user's home directory ,even any user can see the root
> or any other user's directory.I want to avoid this ,how can i disable
> this on my computer. I am using FC3.

Can't reproduce here on FC3 using the latest Mozilla and Firefox
releases.

Check the permissions on root's directory.  Also try accessing it from a
user account via the shell.

(And what does this have to do with Apache?)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!