mount

roland brouwers roland at cat.be
Thu Aug 11 17:18:13 UTC 2005

Hello,

How can I mount a filesystem on a MicrosoftServer and give every user
different rights.
I mean:
In the directory of the MSserver we have a shared directory users
In this directory every user has its own directory, with permissions
defined by his login.
So suppose I do the following on the Linux server:
> mount -tsmbfs  -ouid=users,fmask=0711,dmask=0711,username=$LOGNAME,rw //192.1.1.1/users /mnt/msserveru

and put this in .bash_profile
I would suspect that the password will be asked on the moment of
mounting, which he does not - no password is asked for and no mounting
is made.

With this method, every user mount his own share, but what then.

Thanks for your help
roland
roland at cat.be