Newbie. Java Path in Fedora not found

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Fri Aug 12 10:42:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

   I am running Oxygen XML successfully under Fedora 4
kernel 2.6.12

  However, before I run the program I have to issue
the following command

export PATH=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_08/bin:$PATH

  otherwise I get lots of error messages and OXygen
does not run.

   Now I have searched around and found the following
file and entry

/etc/profile.d/java.sh
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_08/bin

  However, this entry does not seem "sufficient" to
define a path to Java. What do I need to do to the
java.sh entry so I do not need to run the export
command every time I want to run Oxygen?

Thanks

Clive