FC4 - File selection dialog question

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Aug 12 16:43:32 UTC 2005

Hello,

I finally have FC4 installed and running but I have come across one
major headache.  It may be gnome related so I will have to check the
gnome site as I hope for an answer.

I go to open a file or change a setting but I don't have the ability to
type in the file location and only access to point and click.

In some cases, I have ".name" directories setup and I need to get access
to them but I don't have the ability and I don't want the default
installation to display them.

Also, for many tasks, typing in the location is much quicker that point
and click through a whole list of displays.

How can I configure the file load/save dialogs to allow me to type in
the paths/file names.  This is presently affecting my usage of FC4 as I
cannot access the files I need to.

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist   Voice: 1.403.544.4762