[AMD64 - FC4-64] SMP causes keyboard trouble

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 14 06:55:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

Last week I installed and configured FC4 (64 bits) on my athlon 64 bits
(AMD 64 X2 4400+). It runs perfectly and quite swift. However, within
minutes after using the keyboard, the system *suddenly* starts ignoring
any keyboard input.
The mouse still works, and in so far I do not need keyboard input, I can
work.
Also, remotely, using SSH I can work normally.

This problem occurs only when using the SMP kernel (default for my
processor). Using the UP kernel I have no problem at all.
This error is repeatable, which renders the SMP kernel unusable to me.

Has anyone else suffered this problem?
Should I report it?

Guus.

--