Logging out changes screen resolution.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Aug 14 11:15:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 12:52:23AM +0000, Philip Moller wrote:
> When I log out from KDE and X into textmode (runlevel 3), the screen
> resolution changes to colorsallad.
Boy do we need more information. How do you "log out" of X into
textmode at run level 3? Are you using startx to bring up X?
And what is the meaning of this phrase, "the screen
 resolution changes to colorsallad". I would be amazed if your
 resolution stayed the same when going from X to text mode. The
 resolution in X is controlled by xorg.conf. The resolution in text
 mode is not. Now color salad is whole different matter.

 Please clarify?

> Why is that ?
> I have a s3virge dx graficcard.
> Runing fc4 on a dell Optiplex GX110.
> I don't think the xorg.conf has any thing to do with it, because it is
> when I log OUT from X the problem occurs.
> But I can be wrong.
> Thanx for any advice.
>
> --
Aaron Konstam