getting USB stick icon on desktop in KDE

H. S. greatexcalibur at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 15:34:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

In FC3, when I plugin a USB stick into a USB port it is automounted and
a desktop icon is created in Gnome. However, in KDE, the
/var/log/messages says it has detected in the stick and created a mount
point (I think in /media or in /mnt) but it is not automounted and no
desktop icon is displayed. What gives? How do I make it work in KDE?

thanks,
->HS
--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.