apache and userdir

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Sun Aug 14 18:51:44 UTC 2005

I tried to enable userdir in apache. When i try to see http://myserver/
in firefox i can see my new index.html without any problem so my
werbserver works fine. I added :

UserDir public_html

<Directory "/home/*/public_html">
        Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks

        AllowOverride None
        Allow from all

        Order deny,allow
</Directory>
the home directory is set to 711 and public_html to 755
there is a index.html in user/public_html
But when i try to see http://myserver/~user/index.html i obtain :
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~user/index.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried a lot of thing and googled a lot but can't find where this
problem come from.
Could you help me ?
Thanks

--