httpd newbie / access denied, no permission to ~userid

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 16 13:39:15 UTC 2005

Tim:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> "world readable" is a DAC based permission model. SELinux is MAC based.
> see Fedora SELinux FAQ on this. The whole point of SELinux is to
> restrict operations based on the process above and top of the classic
> Linux permissions

Be that as it may, it's counterintuitive:  Why should we have to set
permissions in two different ways?  If we set something as world
readable, let the system actually apply that setting (it should also set
appropriate SELinux restrictions for you).

Owner permissions are one thing.  But setting something as world
readable ought to be treated just as you intended.

I read messages from the public lists.