blacklisting by SORBS

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Aug 16 14:35:46 UTC 2005

This is not strictly a Fedora question, but I would like to query the list on
this since it's such a large user base. Recently, our ISP has been added to
the SORBS blacklist as a source of spam. We're being told that SORBS is
demanding money from our ISP to remove them from the list. I can't speak to
whether the ISP is or is not a source of large amounts of spam, though it
seems unlikely, since they are in the Washington, DC area, and have many
government agencies as clients. Two questions: Is anyone else having
questionable issues with SORBS? Does it sound like extortion for such a
service to be asking for money from an ISP to remove them from such a list?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA