ssh via Konqueror

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Aug 16 17:38:07 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 9:37 am, Andy Green wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > I can't find it now, but someone posted a method of using ssh from the
> > Konqueror address bar to ssh into a remote machine. Can someone refresh
> > me on the syntax of the address?
>
> fish://username@server/path/to/dir
>
> or
>
> fish://username:password@server/path/to/dir
>
> or
>
> fish://username@server:port/path/to/dir
>
> or combinations thereof.

Thanks for the suggestions. It wasn't what I was after, but I was having a
problem with bad clusters on the brain. What I was thinking of, but not
remembering, was using sftp from the Konqueror address window, which works
very well. I will look into your suggestions, though - you got my curiosity
going.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA